St Joseph's Primary, Tweed Heads
Leader of Pedagogy 0.8FTE, Teacher 0.2FTE
Full time Temporary maternity leave position for 2021 school year.
Co2 "Leaders of" positions are offered a contract within a set 3-year cycle as co-ordinator. A current cycle commenced in 2019 and finishes in 2021.
The Leader of Pedagogy supports the Principal with the educational leadership of the school community. The person is responsible for maintaining and developing the school as a centre of quality learning and teaching. This involves leading and facilitating the school professional learning teams, modelling high quality teaching for his/her colleagues across the school and to lead and support them in the development and refinement of their teaching practice to improve student learning and wellbeing outcomes.
Leaders of Pedagogy will:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to personal faith practice within the Catholic Church;
- Lead the school professional learning teams and their outcomes;
- Lead the school as a data informed learning community;
- Provide direct modelling and coaching to the teaching staff to develop teaching expertise;
- Ensure school based professional learning opportunities are adequate, informed and aligned to student needs;
- Co-lead the school goal setting processes with staff;
- Work collaboratively across a cluster of schools using the principles of action learning for school improvement;
- Be accountable for system priorities in learning and teaching and alignment to the system strategic intent areas.
Teachers who are appointed to a leadership position, whether new to the position or applying to be re-appointed for the contract period 2019 - 2021, should have begun, or will begin to make a commitment to complete the requirements of Accreditation To Work Teach and Lead, Category C, during this next triennium cycle.
Applications: Forward written applications as a single document addressing your teacher qualifications, experience and suitability for the role of Leader of Pedagogy along with names and details of three referees, including the parish priest at your regular place of worship to:
Principal - Tony Boyle
Applications must be received by 3.00pm 9 October 2020
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.